11 April 2013

Love/Hate Relationship

So I'm sitting here at my computer with every intention of doing some homework, and yet here I am blogging instead.  Odd how that happens.

This month so far has been incredibly busy.  Our choir, the USU Chamber Singers, just did a recording for two albums last week (which will be phenomenal, by the way) and that is exhausting work.  Unless you've recorded a professional quality CD before you don't realise just how many hours it takes to lay down a handful of tracks.  The end result will be totally worth it, but I was sick of doing take after take after take.

At this time, I'm finding myself less than two weeks away from my junior recital.  I've discovered with this, and some related events transpiring, that I have a deep love/hate relationship with planning events.  I absolutely love hosting any sort of event, be it a party, games, social, ceremony, what have you.  I get such a kick from being a host, but I also get a little incredibly stressed worrying that I may have forgotten something.  If you know me, you will agree that I always, and I do mean always, forget something - especially while travelling.  No matter what I feel like something has slipped my mind but I can't remember what it was.  That feeling increases ten-fold while planning things.  It's annoying.

So it is that, amid all this potential stress welling up inside me, I blog.  I don't actually have any new songs completed, but I'm nearly finished with a new choral piece.  I'm really getting tired of posting MIDI files on here, so if there is anyone reading willing to do some sight-reading and give a guy a hand I would be much obliged.  At the very least, I can share the lyrics that go with said song.  I really like them and they actually came from my heart (I hate writing lyrics because they always feel forced - not this time!).



If I should die tomorrow, please hold me one last time,
Let me feel your arms around me, your heart beat close to mine.
Do not fear for me, my love, mine is not the cause to mourn.
All I ask is that you live your life, our life, as bravely as before.

Walk the paths that we have trod, see the sun arise each day,
Hear the music now surround you, smell the breezes swift and gay.
Do not weep for me, my love, mine is not a fate to fear.
Promise me you'll savour every day for I will always be there.

That music, my music, will never leave your side,
For I've already claimed a spot as your angel and it is there I'll ever abide.


Nothing else incredibly important nor humourous to say, but I think that will suffice.  Happy Almost-the-End-of-the-Semester, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment