22 March 2013

Work in Progress

This is the point where I'd usually share some interesting point of my life to tie it into what I'm planning on sharing with the world, but to be honest not much has really transpired.  My life is ever so interesting.

Anyway, I have another song that's fairly new.  Just as I was heading to bed a couple weeks ago a melody came in my head that I've tried really hard to remember.  I think I still have the majority of it there, but if you've ever been in that situation you know how annoying it can be when inspiration strikes as you're falling asleep.  I'm of the opinion that God does that just to make you frustrated that you were almost really awesome automatically and then takes it all away whilst you slumber.  Oh, well.

So, back to my story, I hurried and put together something on the piano and recorded it so I could remember it and get something solid I can have faster than what it would take to notate.  Long story short, here's a new piece for my musical that is still a work in progress, but this gives the general idea.  When inspiration strikes at my bedside again, maybe I'll finish lyrics for it.  Ha ha!  In the meantime, enjoy and let me know what you think! (But no comments about the playing - I was improvising and kept second-guessing what the next chord was supposed to be. :))

Call Me (Preview)

No comments:

Post a Comment